• The tour starts, ascending in all-terrain vehicles in a north-westerly direction crossing the Cordon Feruglio 9.5 km through mountainous road.
• Tour through a landscape that until recently was covered by glaciers and has a great geological interest.
• Reaching the 550 m we can observe the majestic view of the Upsala Glacier from the eastern front, exclusive of Estancia Cristina. We also see the Andes Mountains, outstanding the Bertrand hills cone and wall and part of the southern Patagonian ice.
• Walk on terrain of glacier erosion.
• View to the Oriental front of Upsala Glacier, Guillermo Lake, southern Patagonian ice and Andes Mountains.
• 9:30am: The transportation will depart Buenos Aires. On your way to the estancia a guide will explain the life of a gaucho out in the countryside.
• 11:00am: Guests will arrive to La Candelaria and have a reception with traditional empanadas and beverages.
• 12:00pm: A tour inside the castle with a narration of its history in English.
• 12:30: A tour inside the castle with a narration of its history in Spanish.
• 1:00pm: Lunch service: one non-alcoholic drink.
• 2:00pm: Traditional folklore dance show.
• 3:00pm: Gaucho skills show.
• 4:00pm: Coffee, tea, mate or mate tea with traditional Argentine pastries.
• 4:30pm: Transportation service returns guests to Buenos Aires.
*Rates expressed per person. Taxes not included (VAT 21%)
A perfect blend of Fuegian landscapes and gourmet food.
A placid hiking tour along the shore of the Beagle Channel to get to know the area surrounding our Resort, set against the backdrop of the Andes range.
Then a walk around the modern Bahía Cauquén neighborhood, and round up the experience with a gourmet picnic on the hotel beach, facing exceptional views of the mountains and the Channel.
Dare to taste flavors which will mingle in your mind with unique images: an experience which will last forever in your memory.
Available from November till March
• Hiking Cascada del Río de los Perros
• Hiking Upsala Viewpoint
• Hiking Laguna de la Pesca
• Hiking del Hielo Viewpoint
• Hiking Cerro Carnero
• Hiking Cañadón de los Fósiles
• Horseback riding Viewpoint Rio de los Perros
Short Ride on the east bank of the Valley of Estancia Cristina, where you can appreciate the flora and fauna of National Park Los Glaciares. Viewpoint Rio de los Perros is a simple but beautiful waterfall melting glacier where you can see Lake Anita, Hanging Glaciers, the Valley and Town of Estancia Cristina.
• Horseback Riding Laguna de la Pesca
Horseback riding through the valley to the north, enjoying the flora and fauna. Access to the Laguna de la Pesca wading streams and rivers.
• Horseback Riding View Point Cristina
Horseback trip touring to the Valley of Caterina River and up through the western slope of Cerro Meson the post of Los Perros. Panoramic views of the surrounding hills, the Southern Ice and Upsala Glacier.
An original and ancestral journey sailing along The Channel.
Setting out from the Tierra del Fuego National Park towards the Hotel or from the Hotel towards Ushuaia Bay, with wildlife sighting during the journey.
This experience is supervised by qualified guides certified by the American Canoe Association.
Available from November till March.
• Duckies Expeditions
• Boat Trips
• Mountain Bike
• Sky and Snowboard
La Candelaria offers polo classes suited for all ages and skill levels: Guests will be provided with all the necessary equipment needed in order to enjoy this genuine Argentine sport.
Take part in this passionate competition in the seemingly endless plains of the Argentine pampas where, daily, the best polo players in the world train.
• Classes are offered by the Master Polo of the Estancia Villa Maria
• The stay provides complete equipment comprising helmets, cleats, saddles and bowls
Discover the secrets of Fuegian cuisine.
During a two-hour theoretical and practical course, the hotel cooks will reveal the secrets of the most typical products of the local gastronomy, their main qualities and the best ways of cooking them.
You will prepare delicious recipes using Fuegian king crab from artisanal fisheries in the Beagle Channel and Patagonial toothfish from the cold waters of the Southern Atlantic.
You will also cook a typical Patagonian dish: Fuegian lamb, plus desserts made with local red berries.
The "Wine Tasting Program" is a guided journey into the Tuscan Wine-making tradition and provides the guest a general knowledge about the history of the territory and the history of each wine.
Chianti Wine Tasting
5 different Chianti wines served with typical Tuscan cold-cuts, cheese and bread.
Super Tuscan Elite Wines
A tasting of 5 different SuperTuscan wines served with typical Tuscan cold-cuts, cheese and bread.